Ethereal Confections is a dark-chocolate gem nestled in the Southeast corner of the Woodstock Square. From the crowds that often fill the world-class confectionary, coffee shop, diner and ale house, it’s clear that Ethereal is appreciated by residents and visitors of the town. But, now they’re moving.
Not to worry, they’re not moving far. In fact, they’re staying on The Square in the old Elks Lodge building at 140 Cass Street. Rather than losing one of the establishments that make the Square special, the new Ethereal Confections, as planned, will offer an even more radiant and thrilling appeal for visitors to The Square. To make the most of the opportunity, the folks at Ethereal Confections are looking to the community, and chocolate lovers, for some help.
“We’ve set up a Kickstarter fundraising campaign,” said Part-Owner Michael Ervin. “Kickstarter is a Web-based program that helps businesses to raise funds while rewarding and thanking those who contribute.”
What do they have planned for the New Ethereal Confections? Check this out …
- Incubator Kitchen – rentable, dedicated commercial kitchen space for any food entrepreneur to create the next great craft food.
- Community Nights – Poetry nights, knitting nights, art gallery openings, movie screenings, local musicians, swing dancing, and a lot of other cool things! This will be a space to share passions for arts, crafts, music and literature.
- Speakeasy – An awesome 1920s throwback bar with period music and furniture (In a secret basement room. Don’t worry, we’ll give you the password if you back us.)
- New Cafe – Our cafe will change and expand. We’ll have more food and we’ll make more great connections with the community to bring in more farm to table ingredients!
- Event Room – Looking for a great space for your next party, business meeting or celebration? How about with some chocolate too? (hint hint)
- More Pairings, Flights & Secret Food Occasions – We’ll have more room to host new events and we also have some special (secret) ideas up our sleeves.
- And More Chocolate! – We want to expand our chocolate production and get equipment to be able to sell to more places across the world!
The Kickstarter Website accepts pledges from $10 to $7,500. For each pledge, there is a tiered reward based on the amount of the pledge. For instance, someone making a $25 pledge receives a bar and truffle pairing (1 of each). With a $75 pledge, the contributor receives an Ethereal Confections T-shirt and custom shoulder bag made from a cocoa-bean bag. For $7,500, they receive a coffee, tea or chocolate drink every day forever.
The goal is to raise $30,000. Co-Owner and Michael’s sister Mary Ervin said they’ve received close to one-sixth of that already.
“Our goal is that Ethereal will make a visit to The Square even more exciting,” said Mary Ervin. “The New Ethereal Confections will add to the magic of a visit to Woodstock.”
The Kickstarter page can be found at this link: Kickstarter.